NOLA Rehearsal Studio
244 W. 54th St., 11th fl.
You meet a producer at a party, and have two minutes to interest him in your work. Do you have the skill to sell yourself?
Click here for application. Please fill out and email to TRUStaff1@gmail.com
Submission deadline extended to Saturday 2/25. We will let you know if you are accepted by Sunday 2/26. And do not purchase a spot through our ticketing app above left unless you have actually been accepted into the event. You must be accepted first.
Here's a chance to practice your pitching with real producers who are open to and looking for new work. Okay, they probably won't option you on the spot, but you'll meet them and have the opportunity to start developing a relationship. And that's what this business is all about. Relationships.
We'll have eleven producers lined up, from both the commercial and not-for-profit worlds, all with an interest in new projects; we also may have eleven aspiring producers from our Producer Development program. So you'll be pitching to as many as 22 producers in total!
Come with a willingness to learn, because the real value is the chance to practice your pitching. And you'll be getting invaluable coaching from experts, as well. And did we mention the wine and snacks afterwards?
Confirmed Producers include:
- Luis Reyes Cardenas - co-artistic director Open Hydrant Theatre
- Cody Lassen - commercial producer (Deaf West Theatre revival of Spring Awakening, Macbeth starring Alan Cumming; upcoming: Paula Vogel's Indecent, Joshua Harmon's Significant Other);
- John Lant - indie producer, artistic director, Write Act Repertory;
- Michael Leland, indie producer/director;
- Wendy Leopold - producer (Ernest Shackleton Loves Me at Second Stage, The Whitmores, Wakefield with Bryan Cranston);
- John Melo - theater and film producer (On the Town);
- Lawrence Poster/Asparagus Entertainment - producer (Forbidden Broadway Comes Out Swinging, Fingers and Toes);
- Daryl Sledge - film and off-Broadway producer (Fried Chicken and Latkes; upcoming: Pound for Pound; plus films in development);
- Ken Waissman - commercial producer (original Grease, Torch Song Trilogy, Agnes of God, Josephine the musical);
- Shela Xoregos - artistic director of Xoregos Performing Company;
- Frank Zuback - commercial producer (Taking Leave, American Soldier, Roof of the World)
- 1 more tba
Trailing Producers to include Karen Bishko, MaryAnne Dumont, Dan Irwin, LeCee Johnson, Ed Levy, Melissa Nally, Yoni Vendriger, others tba
Coaches (not confirmed):
- Grace Kiley (confirmed)
- Mary Kate Burke (confirmed)
* member of TRU's Producer Mentorship & Development Program